Monday, April 2, 2012

MOVIES: Well suck me sideways...

Hot on the heels of the announcement for Anchorman 2 comes news of another, potentially ill-advised sequel. Dumb and Dumber 2 has officially been confirmed and will begin shooting in September. Both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels will be reprising their roles as Harry and Lloyd and Peter Farrelly will return to direct. Now I love Dumb and Dumber, I honestly think it takes a good amount of intelligence to make a movie that is so wonderfully stupid. However, I also think it was almost an accident. It so perfectly walks that fine line of being brilliant and not campy and I'm not sure if that same balance can be struck with a sequel. I really, really, really hope I'm wrong but for now I'm going to remain pessimistic about this one with the hope of being pleasantly surprised. What do you think? Is it a good thing to see Harry and Lloyd again? Which sequel are you more worried about, Dumb and Dumber 2 or Anchorman 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment