Tuesday, January 10, 2012

VIDEO GAMES: What system will you play Diablo III on?

Because it looks like you'll actually have a choice! Recently there have been rumors about Diablo III possibly being available on consoles as well as PC and today it seems that some more light has been shed on the issue. IGN has posted an article featuring a Tweet by Blizzard community manager Micah Whipple which says, "Yup. Josh Mosqueira is lead designer for the Diablo console project." He had also tweeted that Blizzard was hiring designers for the console version of the game. There's still no release date or confirmation as to which consoles Diablo III will be headed towards but I'd be astonished if it's not just for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. This leaves me in a predicament because my computer isn't all that powerful so I may get more enjoyment playing on my 360. But will there be cross-platform gameplay? Can I only use the auction house with other 360 owners? Will the controls feel like they belong on a console? It's true that Diablo doesn't use nearly as many keys as other computer games so it could definitely be viable. We shall see!

Full article on IGN HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment