Here's what I was most interested in from the panel:
- A large number of 3DS users are girls so a PINK 3DS is coming on October 20.
- Super Mario 3D Land will hit shelves in Japan on 11/3 so expect something close to that for US. (UPDATE): Super Mario 3D Land coming November 13.
- MARIO TENNIS announced for the 3DS! And it looked awesome, a lot like the Game Cube version which was so addicting!
- Paper Mario 3DS coming in 2012.
- A new FIRE EMBLEM coming to the 3DS and the video looked freaking awesome!
- Another OLYMPIC game featuring Mario, Sonic, etc. releases November 15.
- A new GUNDAM game coming this year but not much gameplay was shown.
- A logo for METAL GEAR SOLID 3D: SNAKE EATER
- KID ICARUS coming in January and the videos seriously looked incredible.
- Monster Hunter to be released December 10 and also those videos looked sweet!
- AND THE BIGGEST NEWS...well mostly for Japan was that they are already developing a MONSTER HUNTER 4 for the 3DS and the video they showed for it gave us a look at an intense chase scene of a dragon pursuing our hero across a cavern. Looked pretty sweet.
- UPDATE: Mario Kart 7 now has a release date of December 4.
Well that's about it. No new system. No mention of the horrendous extra analog pad. Just a strong library still on the horizon and looking better every day. I'm still excited for the future of the 3DS!