Wednesday, September 7, 2011

VIDEO GAMES: GameStop has an iDea about how to stay alive.

I've talked before about how desperately GameStop is going to need to come up with some new methods of business in the near future as physical games become less prominent with the glory of direct download. Well it sounds like the top dogs at GameStop aren't oblivious to this idea because they have announced that they will start selling Apple products! Everything from iPods, iPhones and iPads will soon be available for purchase from GameStop. They are also now accepting Apple devices for trade in effective immediately. It is rumored that they will begin selling Apple products when the iPhone 5 hits shelves which is rumored for early October (nearly confirmed). I think this is a great move by GameStop and I think they're going to need several more great moves to secure the future of the company. I really hope they do because I love GameStop.

No comments:

Post a Comment