Sunday, January 22, 2012

MOVIES: An uninteresting box office weekend.

Well there's not much I'm interested in seeing right now in theaters. Beauty and the Beast 3D was incredible but after Red Tails received such poor reviews I'm not sure if I'll fork over the $15 to see it anytime soon. This weekend at the box office the now 9 year old series Underworld came out on top with its newest entry Underworld: Awakening taking $25.4 million. I haven't seen any of the Underworld films but they seem like they don't take themselves too seriously and they've developed a pretty loyal following from what I've heard. Second place saw Red Tails taking in $19.1 million which I assume is going to be much, much lower than they had hoped for. Contraband came in third with $12.2 million followed by Extremely Loud which took $10.5 million. The top 5 was rounded out by Haywire which grabbed $9 million this weekend. Did you guys see anything this weekend? Looking forward to anything coming out soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment