Monday, October 24, 2011

NN REVIEW: Paranormal Activity 3

I think I'm still shaking so I'm going to keep this review short. Paranormal Activity 3 is by far the scariest movie I have ever seen in my life. If you've seen the first 2 and enjoyed them then this movie is for you. It's very much more of the same but it still haunts. Bringing the story all the way to its origins with a young Katie and Kristi we see how the terror began. Once again the performances by the actors make the whole story feel too real for comfort. The young girls were especially impressive with some heavy material to deal with. I don't really know what more I can say about it. Every horror movie maker should take notes from the Paranormal Activity films. It doesn't take over the top gore, sex or language to make a movie scary. Our imagination often conjures haunts far more frightening than anything we can actually see on film and the Paranormal films feed that terror. I was literally trembling for about the last half hour of the film. So if you enjoy scary movies I highly recommend it, but if you don't...do not go see this movie.

My Rating: B

No comments:

Post a Comment