1. Drive, starring Ryan Gosling hits theaters at midnight tonight and it sounds like this one is going to be a serious Oscar contender. Currently sitting at 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, Drive follows Ryan Gosling's character as a wheelman for hire. If the price is right, no matter the circumstances, he'll be your driver. Critics are raving about Gosling's performance and the movies deftly blended combination of action and modern noir storytelling. I'll definitely be seeing it within the week.
2. Tonight It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia returns for a seventh glorious season on television. The gang from Paddy's Pub returns with an overweight Mac and, from what I've seen, a new fad of drinking hard liquor out of suntan lotion bottles. Expect the hilarity to continue with this season.
3. Tomorrow the 4th season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars begins and although I've only seen the first two seasons of the show I can tell you that it is indeed awesome. If you ever decide to get into it, stick through the first ten episodes or so because the creators realize that the droids aren't funny in the slightest and turn to a bit of a darker type of storytelling.
4. The Lion King, one of the greatest movies of all time, hits theaters tomorrow in 3D! Before Cars 2 they showed the first 5 minutes of the movie in 3D and honestly it looked awesome. It will only be in theaters for two weeks so if you have any interest in experiencing it on the big screen you don't have time to delay!
5. Although not this weekend, Gears of War 3 hits stores next Tuesday and the early reviews are in. The conclusion...epic. With a 9 on IGN, 5/5 stars on Joystiq and a 9.5 on Gameinformer I think it's safe to say that this is not only going to be an epic sendoff for our characters, but an emotional one as well. You should know by now I'm in love with the Gears series and you probably won't hear much from me for a couple days following Tuesday.
6. Go outside! Seriously, step away from your TV/computer/Xbox/PS3/3DS or whatever else keeps you glued to Nerdtastic. Technology is so awesome that it's often addicting. So take some time off and prepare to be utterly consumed by Gears on September 20th.