Saturday, August 6, 2011

MOVIES: No monkeying around at the box office.

Whew. I'm always amazed at how tiring sitting in a car for 15 hours can be! But alas, I'm finally up in Oregon and on the beloved internet. Thankfully today was a very slow news day so I didn't miss much while I was on the road. But some box office news comes in the form of Rise of the Planet of the Apes absolutely dominating the Friday box office with just under $20 million. Bowing at a healthy $19.75 million to be exact, Apes had no competition as second place came in the form of a cooling down Smurfs with just under $6 million. I'm going to be completely honest, until the past week I had absolutely no interest in seeing Apes but after strong reviews and an even stronger number at the box office I find myself tempted. Maybe sometime this week I'll sneak into a matinee. So if you're looking for a movie to see this weekend it sounds like the monkeys hold the hot ticket.

Ok, I'm tired so unless something really cool happens this will probably be my only post for the day. Time to watch TV and order pizza.

Love the dude on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment