- It takes place 4 years after Halo 3 and Master Chief is waking up from his cryo nap to find Covenant invaders on his ship.
- The online play, dubbed Infinity, will be connected to the campaign in some way.
- A new game mode called Spartan Ops will offer a four player campaign with objective-based missions and cinematics which will be added weekly.
- Taking a page out of Call of Duty's book, players will no longer enter each multiplayer battle with the same weapon. Players will be able to choose primary and secondary weapons as well as armor abilities and grenade types. However, there will still be other weapons available to find throughout the map but they will randomly appear via drop pods (which sounds awesome).
- This time around, everyone will be able to sprint. I like this addition since the "Sprint" perk is what I always use in Halo multiplayer so now I'll be able to play my style of combat while adding another perk for myself.
I'm excited about everything I've heard from 343 Industries up to this point. It sounds like Halo 4 will stay true to what makes the Halo franchise so beloved, but will offer ingenuity that really makes it a unique experience in the Halo canon. What do you think? Do you like the changes? Have ideas for other ones?