Monday, February 6, 2012

MOVIES: Hopefully this secret gets out.

Now I try not to encourage people to see a movie before I've seen it myself. The last thing I want to do is recommend that you watch something before I believe it to be worth your time and hard earned money. However, next week a little movie comes out called The Secret World of Arrietty. Not only is it based on one of my absolute favorite stories,The Borrowers, but it's made by the people who created Ponyo and Spirited Away (one of my all time favorites). In a time where it's almost impossible to find a movie that's not in 3D, Arrietty looks to be a real breath of fresh air bringing life to hand drawn animation, and simple, pure storytelling. It may not be as flashy as some of the movies coming out these days, but I think it's important that we don't lose sight of the history of animation. I really hope this movie does well at the box office and it currently sits at a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm not telling you to go check it out on day one, I just think it's a movie that's worth keeping an eye on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment