Saturday, November 12, 2011

VIDEO GAMES: The Wii's Last Hoorah!

Wow, for the first time in a long time I actually kind of regret selling my Wii. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is getting incredible reviews. And by incredible reviews I don't mean like really really good reviews, I mean like best of any game of the year type reviews. The game currently has a 10 from IGN, 10 from Gameinformer, 4.5/5 from Joystiq and a 95 from Metacritic. Wow. I mean seriously, wow. I expected the game of the year to have the word "Sky" in the title but I'm going to be honest that it sounds like Skyward Sword is going to be a much more serious contender than people expected. Now there's no doubt that sales wise it's likely that Sword won't do quite as well as its GOTY competition but the fact that Nintendo has finally stepped up and made a title for the Wii that can be taken seriously gives me some hope for the company's future. It's definitely too little too late for the system and it makes me sad for what the Wii could have been. But still, it's nice to see that they didn't write it off as a failure and start completely focusing on the Wii U. Speaking of the Wii U, I'm hoping that Skyward Sword does well so developers realize it may be worth the time to develop a game specifically for Nintendo's unique systems. I really hope they get back on track. So if you have a Wii it sounds like you'll want to grab Skyward Sword as soon as it hits shelves on November 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment