Friday, September 23, 2011

VIDEO GAMES: Apologies folks!

Gah I try so hard to post on this site at least every day during the week and this is the first week since I started the site that I have failed you guys. My schedule officially got the best of me. I'll start out this post by saying how much I love each and everyone of you who takes time to read this site, it's truly awesome to know that people are actually looking at the stuff I write.

With that said I'd like to at least give you some information today. So I've gotten pretty deep into the Gears of War 3 campaign and I only have one act remaining which I'm hoping to finish this weekend. Once I finish the entire campaign I'll take the time to write a nice in depth review for those of you who wish to know my thoughts on one of my most anticipated games of the year. For now I'll give you sort of a brief review of my experiences so far in the form of a little Q&A with myself.

Q: So Gears 3 has been one of your most anticipated games of the year for quite some time. Was it everything you hoped for?
A: You freaking bet it was! From the get go the visuals completely suck you in and it's clear that the team over at Epic wanted to stretch the XBOX 360 to its limits. It takes about 30 seconds to get into the first intense combat situation and the way it's presented is just beautiful.

Q: So the visuals are great. But what about story?
A: It's no secret that Gears has tried to develop a story that at least keeps us thinking about the people in combat while we watch them literally cut enemies in half with a chainsaw. Gears 3 takes these characters that we've come to know and love and develops them even further. If you're invested in the Gears characters by now you'll definitely be feeling some emotional, if slightly cheesy, punches throughout the game.

Q: What about difficulty?
A: It's definitely challenging but not to the point of being discouraging. I can't stand it when a game makes some parts so difficult that it becomes annoying to get through them. Gears has always done an excellent job of making it seem like you're being pushed to your limit but not drastically punishing you for dying and also making it extremely hard to be killed. So far in the campaign of 3 I've thought the difficulty was perfect enough to make me feel challenged but never too tough where I got discouraged trying to beat something.

I could go on and on about my experiences with Gears 3 already but I'll leave it at this for tonight. If you've played the previous Gears games and are, for some reason, unsure about getting 3 let me promise you it is freaking awesome. Even if you haven't played a Gears game before, you may be a little out of the loop as far as the story is concerned, but the combat and the visuals are something that each and every player can enjoy. I can't wait to see how they wrap up the story this weekend and I'll post a full fledged review soon!

Again I will always do my best to consistently post on this site and thank you to everyone who takes the time to read! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment