Friday, August 26, 2011

VIDEO GAMES: GameStop made a boo boo...here's their band aid.

As you may have heard earlier this week, it appears that GameStop had removed some of the OnLive certificates from brand new copies of the pretty highly anticipated Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Well, I don't know about you, but when I buy a game that is brand new, I kind of expect to get everything it's supposed to come with...I'm a little more picky than most I suppose. Needless to say, quite a few PC players weren't exactly thrilled the GameStop's bold move. Is bold the right word? So in order to appease those players, GameStop has announced today that customers who purchased the Deus Ex PC version will be eligible for a $50 gift card to the store as well as a "buy 2 get 1 free" coupon towards used games. This is kind of a bummer since GameStop is already going to have to be extremely careful about how it does business in the future as more and more games are becoming direct downloadable and the idea of physical games on discs is starting to dwindle. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we won't see games on discs anymore in 5 years time, but maybe 10-15 years down the road we'll make all our gaming purchases online. Anyways, hopefully the $50 and the coupon is enough to ease the suffering of those who didn't get all they paid for with Deus Ex since I still love GameStop.

Full story on GameInformer HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment