Wednesday, August 24, 2011

REAL LIFE: Steve Jobs calls it quits.

As of today Steve Jobs has officially resigned as CEO of a company you may have heard of called Apple. He is not leaving Apple entirely though as he will stay on as the Chairman of the Board at the company. His replacement will be Tim Cook whom Jobs recommended as his replacement in his resignation. What effect will this have on Apple? I can't even begin to speculate. Honestly, we probably won't see anything different from the outside. They'll still make the best products and I'm sure this is anything but a step in the wrong direction for the company. It seems that everyone involved in this process today is on the same page and it doesn't sound like Jobs was forced or asked to resign.

Update: Here is a copy of Jobs' resignation letter.
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

Full story on Yahoo HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment